Training as mechatronics engineer (m/f/d)
Mechatronics engineers (m/f/d) build mechanical, electrical and electronic components e.g. robots for industrial production. They assemble the components to form complex systems, install control software and maintain the systems.
The KSM Castings Group trains mechatronics engineers (m/f/d) in the field of foundry technology in the in-house training workshop.
- Job title: Mechatronics engineer (m/f/d)
- Training period: 3.5 years
- Form of training: Two-part (dual) training in company and vocational school
- Requirements: No restrictions, applicants with qualified lower secondary general education certificate (Hauptschulabschluss) or secondary school leaving certificate (Mittlere Reife) have good chances
- Suitability: Applicants should be interested in handicraft and they should be able to work with care. Computer skills are helpful, good knowledge of maths and physics.
- Prospects: Advanced qualification as a master craftsman/craftswoman or technician, studies at the university of applied sciences.
Access to the university in the respective federal states »
Short form of the training contents
Throughout the entire training, knowledge of topics such as rights and obligations, organization of the training company as well as safety at work and environmental protection is imparted. At the vocational school, job-specific fields of learning and general-education subjects such as German, Economics and Personal, Social and Health Education are taught.
Moreover, the training is, for example, about learning how to
- drill and ream holes.
- weld sheets, tubes and profiles.
- assemble slide-in modules, housings and switchgear assemblies.
- wire assemblies and devices in different ways.
- select methods and measuring instruments, set up measurement equipment and perform measurements.
- install and configure networks and bus systems.
- mount protection devices, shields, covers and insulators.
- check control and monitoring devices and how to set control parameters.
- commission and functionally test mechatronic systems.
Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
KSM Castings Group GmbH
Schwelmer Straße 183
Tel. +49 202 6087 - 112