Training as machine and plant operator (m/f)
Machine and plant operators operate production machines and production plants. They prepare operational procedures, check components on test stands and commission machines. They monitor the production process and load the machines. With a completed training, you will find a job in production companies of almost all industries.
- Job title: Machine and plant operator (m/f)
- Training period: 2 years
- Form of training: Two-part (dual) training in company and vocational school
- Requirements: No restrictions
- Suitability: Applicants should be interested in handicraft, good knowledge of maths is helpful.
- Prospects: Advanced qualification as a master craftsman/craftswoman or technician, studies at the university of applied sciences.
Access to the university in the respective federal states »
Short form of the training contents
Throughout the entire training, knowledge of topics such as rights and obligations, organization of the training company as well as safety at work and environmental protection is imparted. At the vocational school, job-specific fields of learning and general-education subjects such as German, Economics and Personal, Social and Health Education are taught.
Moreover, the training is, for example, about learning
- how to check and maintain tools, machines and plants.
- which manual and mechanical manufacturing techniques exist and how they are applied.
- how to operate controls on machines and plants.
- how components are manufactured – in particular by joining, machining and forming – and what must be observed regarding their assembly and dismounting.
Training possible in: Bergisches Land
Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
KSM Castings Group GmbH
Schwelmer Straße 183
Tel. +49 202 6087 - 112