Training as industrial mechanic (m/f/d)
In the foundry, industrial mechanics (m/f/d) are responsible for the operational reliability of machines and production plants. They manufacture equipment parts and assemblies for machines and production plants, perform their set-up, and rebuild them. They maintain existing plants and locate and rectify faults in case of malfunctions. Often, industrial mechanics (m/f/d) also manufacture or order spare parts and introduce customers or colleagues to the use of the machines.
The KSM Castings Group trains industrial mechanics (m/f/d) in the field of foundry technology in the in-house training workshop.
- Job title: Industrial mechanic (m/f/d)
- Training period: 3.5 years
- Form of training: Two-part (dual) training in company and vocational school
- Requirements: No restrictions, applicants with qualified lower secondary general education certificate (Hauptschulabschluss) or secondary school leaving certificate (Mittlere Reife) have good chances
- Suitability: Applicants should be interested in handicraft and they should be able to work with care. Computer skills are helpful, good knowledge of maths and physics.
- Prospects: Advanced qualification as a master craftsman/craftswoman or technician, studies at the university of applied sciences.
Access to the university in the respective federal states »
Short form of the training contents
Throughout the entire training, knowledge of topics such as rights and obligations, organization of the training company as well as safety at work and environmental protection is imparted. At the vocational school, job-specific fields of learning and general-education subjects such as German, Economics and Personal, Social and Health Education are taught.
Moreover, the training is, for example, about learning how
- to assess material properties.
- to select and handle materials according to their use.
- to manufacture workpieces and components.
- to assemble electrical assemblies and components mechanically and create maintenance and inspection plans for this purpose.
- to ensure the functionality of machine tools.
- to control, regulate and monitor machines and systems.
- to evaluate control technology documents and apply control technology.
- quality assurance systems are used and possible shortcomings are systematically detected, eliminated and documented.
Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
KSM Castings Group GmbH
Schwelmer Straße 183
Tel. +49 202 6087 - 112