For more than six decades KSM has been a development partner and producer of light metal cast products for the automotive industry. Currently about 3.000 employees serve the markets in Asia and Europe for the biggest automotive car manufacturers worldwide. These global customers’ relations require best technical solutions with highest quality standards and in time delivery. In our global growth strategy we are following our clients and have erected a brand new state of the art casting facility in Shelby. Our Client Relations require best technical solutions with highest quality standards and in time delivery. For this new KSM Castings USA, Inc. site we are seeking qualified individuals for the following open position.
Responsible for supporting all activities related to optimal continuous processing of state-of-the-art High Pressure Die Casting machines and equipment.
Casting Technologist (Process Engineer)
- Introduce all measures necessary to maintain best possible standards and process-reliable conditions in a highly automated, High Pressure Die Casting Process.
- Working knowledge of developing, testing and improving new and existing products in aluminum die casting operations.
- Is responsible for supporting die designs, set-up samples and trial evaluations, including replacement dies or new model dies.
- Is responsible for optimal quality performance of casting machinery and equipment to include troubleshooting and improving operations of current and new products through production trials.
- Participates in the development and implementation of improvement plans that target cycle time reductions and minimumize scrap.
- Is responsible for the maintenance and processing of all documents (quality- and production-related) associated with technologist position. Working knowledge of creating and utilizing equipment performance metrics necessary.
- Support cost awareness and ensure all production resources, consumable materials and operating supplies are prudently used.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferred. Professional training specialized in metal processing, aluminum casting with working knowledge of foundry mechanics and processes. 3 + Years’ Experience Required
- Working knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is preferred.
- Highly motivated, organized, and enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Years of progressively more responsible manufacturing experience in die cast process engineering or related operations
- An opportunity to grow in an exciting position with a highly successful and well-managed company.
- Above average benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits.
KSM Castings USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote employees without discrimination because of race, religion, color, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, sex or age.