For more than six decades KSM has been a development partner and producer of light metal cast products for the automotive industry. Currently about 3.000 employees serve the markets in Asia and Europe for the biggest automotive car manufacturers worldwide. These global customers’ relations require best technical solutions with highest quality standards and in time delivery. In our global growth strategy we are following our clients and have erected a brand new state of the art casting facility in Shelby. Our Client Relations require best technical solutions with highest quality standards and in time delivery. For this new KSM Castings NC, Inc. site we are seeking qualified individuals for the following open position.
Responsibilities of this position include supporting all automation systems and programming activities to ensure optimal function of the High Pressure Die Casting Department.
Casting Automation Technician
- Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automated casting production and robotic systems.
- Perform evaluations and automation system programming (PLC, Siemens Controls and Kuka Robotic Systems) in support of HPDC Department activities.
- Support preventive and predictive maintenance of all die casting equipment.
- Troubleshoot automated systems related to the production process.
- Is responsible for helping to maintain the quality of parts produced with an optimal deployment of the machinery and equipment.
- Support cost awareness and ensure all production resources, auxiliary materials and operating supplies are prudently used.
- Lead continuous improvement activities and area team members in identifying methods to improve processes, efficiency and quality.
- An opportunity to grow in an exciting position with a highly successful and well-managed company.
- Above average benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits.
KSM Castings NC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote employees without discrimination because of race, religion, color, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, sex or age.